DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2960 Help

More
30 Sep 2012 16:32 #73684 by the pit
Draytek 2960 Help was created by the pit
Just bought the 2960 to replace my 2920.

The first issue I have is that the remote administrator interface cannot be disabled. Is disabled by default but if you type in your isp ip address you get the draytek login page. Mmmm.

Second issue is with upnp which according my webcams is enabled but if you go to the address you get page cannot be displayed.

Third issue no matter how I try I can't get load balancing to work and you can't route the traffic to your preferred isp's So if I create a rule for pc one to use 02 that will work until I create a rule for pc two to use virgin then both pc's will use virgin. I've emailed tech support too see if they can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2012 13:03 #73690 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Load balancing and upnp definitely don't work. Do they tesat this stuff before they send it out?

More
01 Oct 2012 13:06 #73691 by the pit
Okay I since I couldn't get it working I separated the wlans onto two separate routers. I set my spare cam up on the 2960. I then decided to try connecting to the spare cam by the old router and the it's works. Therefore upnp works in a fashion but won't work on the same lan so you can't test it easily.
Load balance I haven't a clue what that is doing. Anyway I've got the fastest adsl connection in the world 105mbs. So it's giving me the ip address of BE but routing everything via the Virgins connection. That ain't right.

More
02 Oct 2012 11:04 #73700 by the pit
I've sorted the problem of upnp. It was working all along however for some reason you cannot test the device by url on the internal lan. For example if the webcam says type in 93.17.xxx.xxx:8150 in your web browser you'll just get page cannot be loaded.
However if you plug into another network totally separate either via phone or plugging directly into the modem the url will load.
Why it's blocked on the local network I don't know. Disabling the firewall doesn't make any difference and you shouldn't need port forwarding enabled for access. Indeed doing that or using dmz doesn't make any difference the url won't load.
Load balancing I still can't get to work in the way I want.
First of there isn't an explanation of weighting within the instructions. Now wan1 is virgin which is 105mb's Wan2 is O2 which is 13mb max adsl normally 10mb. I given wan1 the weight of 10 so ten times 02. I given wan2 a weight of one.
Is that correct?
I would also like to direct some pc's and web cams down either 02 or Virgin.
So for the pc called weather I would like that to go via 02.
The pc called mainpc I would like that to go via Virgin.
I've created two rules but these seems to be ignored so what am I missing or can't this be done.

More
02 Oct 2012 11:14 #73701 by rothers
Replied by rothers on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Local loopback has been bust on DrayTek routers under certain configs for years.

More
03 Oct 2012 07:27 #73721 by the pit
No response from Draytek which is pretty shocking. Looks like they don't want to discuss their new baby.

Moderators: Sami