DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2960 Help

More
01 Jul 2014 11:44 #80478 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
There is a new firmware 1.0.8.2 at main Taiwan which fixes few issues plus Upgrade OpenSSL to 0.9.8za for some security issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2014 10:08 #81560 by azzola
Replied by azzola on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Hi, just upgraded to 1.0.9, they added e better wide/documented 4G/LTE support and a basic FTP feature (useful) for usb disks or usb Keys plus some security issues/bugs, finally ^^
BUT
after few minutes i started having problems with DDNSes and/or port forwarding ... after an entire evening i still don't understand how this "issue" (?) works... peripherals start and stop answering in a couple of minutes, seems without a logic scheme, from the internet... while inside LAN everything seems working well. Had to rollback to previous version (with reload of old config backup) to have the normal operation fixed.

anyone had the same problem?

2960 + many AP800

More
30 Oct 2014 18:48 #81574 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
I don't use ddns I suppose I would have to monitor my remote cams none stop to pick any glitches. Sorry.

More
31 Oct 2014 13:14 #81591 by azzola
Replied by azzola on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
thanks anyway PIT, yes i monitor some specific peripherals from outside with a scheduled test every few minutes, in case of down i linked the service API to a push system to have realtime notifications on my phone and after upgrade it sounds like christmas tree =(, i tried again after rolling back to go to 1.0.9 but this time not jumping the 1.0.8.2 (like first time) but the result is the same.
I tried to call a non responding peripheral from the internet using directly its IP and port and DDNS is not the problem because dosn't respond anyway, but calling from the other DSL line it responds (the same but inverted for some other peripheral... so there is not 1 line operating correctly and the other not)... this problem occur apparently random between the peripherals.

Let's send another ticket :cry:

2960 + many AP800

More
05 Nov 2014 21:20 #81667 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
You may need to check your port forwarding as draytek ain't opposed too changing how things work. I noticed there's a new manual out with the new firmware.

Moderators: Sami