DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2960 Help

More
09 Oct 2013 11:37 #77911 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Jamie, have you spoken to support about your issues?

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2013 20:15 #77918 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help

JamieD wrote: Just thought I's wade in with my issues. I'm having trouble with my BT Infinity connection over PPPoE, it's really slow and often hangs when loading pages.

I also play call of duty on the xbox and have had nothing but troubles. The router is so slow it makes the game unplayable over any connection. When I cut out the router and plug straight into the BT modem it works great.

I've also found youtube loading issues and load balance rules that don't work.

I had a draytek way back in the day when ADSL had just come out and had nothing but trouble with it. Now with this 2960 I'm again having nothing buy trouble. It's really poor quality equipment and I will never buy another draytek product again.

It funny as I was considering getting the TP-Link load balancer which is a fraction of the cost of the draytek, I went for the draytek as I though it would be better but turns out I was wrong.

I'm looking to get the soon to be release peplink balance one if the specs and price looks good. Failing that a TP-Link.

Load balancing probably does work but the manual is wrong and probably the instructions have altered since tech support emailed me the correct ones. Overall I wouldn't be surprised if the load balancing is now broken.
Other draytek models I've used I had very few problems with. This one isn't fit for purpose and unfortunately had it too long so I couldn't send it back so it sits on my shelf gathering dust.
The cisco rv042g is nice but if you've got speeds over 100mb and use filtering rules you'll need to get hold of the latest beta firmware otherwise you're stuck at 100mbs minus overheads.

More
09 Oct 2013 21:25 #77920 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
My 3900 is going strong with 3 WAN lines

More
13 Oct 2013 16:59 #77957 by the pit
I wonder if you can use the latest 3900 manual as a guide to configuring the 2960 load balancing.
Dunno how different the two are.

More
13 Oct 2013 17:02 #77958 by the pit
Yup it's for both models. So I would take a peak at that for load balancing.

More
29 Oct 2013 19:48 #78082 by azzola
Replied by azzola on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Hi, i have a new question for admins... do you know if QoS will be modified -again- in the near future? because i noted -and the reseller confirmed to me- that it works on 1 WAN at time by now o.O , you have to choose which one and leave the other "unmanaged" =S

EDIT: today my "favourite web pages monitor" told me there was an update on 2960 tab... sometimes means new fw... and i see this:

Firmware Version
1.0.6 <-- ???!
Release Date
16/10/2013
Support Language
English

this fw is 1 year old, they retired the 1.0.7 to publish this, what the hell is happening? o.O anyone knows?
they also retired all other files and versions from the public FTP!

2960 + many AP800

Moderators: Sami