DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2960 Help

More
31 Dec 2013 17:04 #78615 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
I gave them enough prompts before giving up.
Support seems to have gone down badly in the last two years. I wonder if Draytek have reduced tech support staff. I mean the 2960 hasn't had a new version of the manual since the first release and features have been added, altered since then. At least the 2960 has finally made the download page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2014 02:52 #78616 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Well you said they only contacted you a week ago, so I didn't understand why you thought that they were 'now' ignoring you. Seriously, I'm trying to be helpful...they might not be perfect but if they are trying to help, meet them 39% of the way :-)

Forum Administrator

More
16 Jun 2014 19:33 #80332 by the pit
I went back to this brick a month ago as I wanted to use the web filtering facility. Upgraded to the latest firmware. Downloaded the latest manual as the old one was out of date and useless. Got load balancing to work. The manual is still wrong but what worked in the past no longer was correct. In the end I took out the subnet mask leaving it blank and it worked. I guess everything at one point changed in a firmware update. Next step was too see if upnp had been fixed and yes it has. Again not listed in the fixes. I noticed a new version of the firmware has come out I may try that soon.
Tech support ran away again very quickly. Pity Draytek support use to be fairly good but now very sub standard. So if it doesn't work don't expect any help unless it's simple fix and not something deep routed. If it's deep routed expect the tech support to ignore you hoping you'll go away which I did to be honest.

More
19 Jun 2014 18:13 #80349 by the pit
New firmware fine.

More
19 Jun 2014 18:28 #80350 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help

Tech support ran away again very quickly

Why shoot the messenger? Tech support cannot improve firmware, they can only communicate issues
or wishes back to the dev. team.

Forum Administrator

More
27 Jun 2014 20:09 #80436 by the pit
I shoot the messenger when they stop responding to emails or say we'll help you and then disappear again. I work in ITSupport and certainly wouldn't treat a customer in this manner. Indeed I would be summoned into the managers office as to why I haven't dealt with the issue.

Moderators: Sami