DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2960 Help

More
04 Jan 2013 11:06 #74672 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Its not much the load balancing for me its other stuff like its slower than the 2830Vn ( seems like dns requests are slagging ) even apple TV , Sky on demand etc are much slower. and every two weeks have to reboot 3900 as the dhcp crashes and doesn't send out IP address's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2013 13:41 #74690 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help

GhostWorks wrote: Its not much the load balancing for me its other stuff like its slower than the 2830Vn ( seems like dns requests are slagging ) even apple TV , Sky on demand etc are much slower. and every two weeks have to reboot 3900 as the dhcp crashes and doesn't send out IP address's

I'm beginning to suspect it's slower although speedtests show the full download capability which I didn't get with my 2920. I have recently turned on content filtering so that maybe the reason. I'll need to experiment more when I feel like it. I'm also still on beta software so it may be worth upgrading to the latest but I'm reluctant as generally everything is working.

More
06 Jan 2013 16:40 #74692 by ghostworks
It's mainly DNS requests and going from website to website and page to page , sometimes hangs and gave to repress or refresh for the page or website.

I might put back my 2830Vn and have the 3rd adsl vigor120 direct to untangle server via PPoE for the guest network.

The 3900 does go faster for speedtest.net but upload takes awhile to kick in for speed test, I have tried and experimented with loads of different firmware modem codes on the vigor120's

More
08 Jan 2013 19:52 #74714 by the pit
Reboot has fixed my slowness. Looks like another issue I will have to raise with draytek. I wonder if it's a memory leak as it slows down over time.

More
08 Jan 2013 22:30 #74718 by ghostworks
A memory leak ? Interesting ...

I've reported my issue and have been issued a new beta firmware 1.0.7Beta ,
So far much better , Apple TV works faster etc

See how it goes

More
28 Feb 2013 20:44 #75386 by the pit
1.0.7 Beta was emailed to me to try too see it would fix the local lan upnp problem which it didn't. I would have kept it but I noticed it had broken load balancing once more so I rolled back to 1.0.6
The slow down disappeared for me when I updated the network drivers. Answers on a post card for that one.

Moderators: Sami