DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2960 Help

More
01 Mar 2013 12:44 #75399 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
I tried the latest BETA ( Revision 1889 ) and notice my port forwarding wasn't working especially for NAT-Loop situations (LAN>WAN>LAN) for my Cameras and internet printing, downgraded to stable 1.0.6

The 3900 and 2960 has so much potential , a lovely high spec hardware and the new DraytekOS is well thought out , however since its a new Product line with a all new type of OS there is issues, issues i find that let the product down , even normal internet browsing is effected , but I'm trying to soldier on with my 3900 and hope a better firmware that resolves the issues rather than new additions to whats there in the current firmware.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2013 20:02 #75535 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Draytek support have gone quiet now probably hoping I won't keep chasing. Time to pop another email.

More
18 Mar 2013 11:02 #75605 by azzola
Replied by azzola on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Hi, any trace of Internet USB key support in the new beta? and of the new (not so new, at least equal to the old OS!) QoS? and about an automatic leverage of balance based on free bandwidth and not only based on sessions number (like old OS)? Also the last stable release is 3 months old, even a new family proudly presented into different important events like cebit, Draytek should push development, invest more time and resources.

2960 + many AP800

More
18 Mar 2013 11:30 #75606 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
I pulled my 3900 out over the weekend and replaced it with my backup vigor 2830Vn-plus , all better so far

More
05 Apr 2013 18:14 #75774 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Draytek now ignoring emails which means they can't/won't fix the issue and hoping it will go away. I suspected this would happen

More
05 Apr 2013 18:54 #75775 by azzola
Replied by azzola on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
I want to share with you my feedback from draytek.
here an e-mail forwarded to me through my national reseller:

_My ASK: support for internet key and data key, support for usb printers (promised for early implementation since october 2012), a QoS at least configurable as the one included in the old OS,
at least incoming policy (also promised on FB page a lot of weeks ago)

_Answer: Our latest 1.0.7 beta firmware can solve new USB & QoS function. We will release this firmware soon.

_My ASK: options for load balancing not only by weighting of sessions but also on bandwidth load, as the previous OS (also with autobalance option).

_Answer: Not yet.. Now only load balance by weighting. Will do this in the future.

and now a kind (but not so satisfactory due to the lack of important well implemented features that should be there at least basically since the presentation of the product like incoming QoS that is almost not configurable by now) admin answer to me on Malaysia's forum about fw situation:

Hi,

The upcoming release for 2960 will be 1.0.6.1, 1.0.7 will be released at a later stage.
1.0.6.1 for 3900 is already completed but the website (as of time of writing this) is still not updated, the release for 2960 should follow very soon.
Needless to say, 1.0.6.x will not be a major upgrade.

The 2960/3900 are new devices and will receive major software upgrades, there is a schedule but its not precise, before a firmware release is published it needs to go through a long stage of testing and approved by QC. This is why I can't give exact dates, but I can say that the major upgrades are coming soon.

I can send you the latest beta, but as I already mentioned those are not recommended for production use; they are not tested thoroughly. If you don't have specific issues with your current firmware (except lacking a feature or so) then its best to wait for official releases.

2960 + many AP800

Moderators: Sami