DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2960 Help

More
07 Nov 2012 16:50 #74099 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
I noticed the update as well but i'm waiting for the firmware for the 3900 which is also DrayOS and is the bigger daddy of the 2960

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2012 21:09 #74191 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Well the last official update didn't work and since then another beta version which allowed a brief period of load balancing before I simulated a network failure. After I did that all traffic went down wan1 and wouldn't shift from that so it was back to square one. Yes wan2 was up and running as well as Wan1.
So a pretty broken bit of kit this.

More
13 Nov 2012 23:20 #74194 by ghostworks
Isn't that how it load balance work , in essence of if a machine is assigned a pacific wan then that machine keeps using that wan until idle for a certain period or reboot , so when you simulated a wan2 crash all devices used wan1 , even thou wan2 ends up back online all current devices still utilise wan1

More
26 Nov 2012 10:45 #74343 by the pit
Unfortunately Ghost none of my other drayteks behaved in the way you describe.
Besides pc's have been off router rebooted and the load balance rules are firmly stuck on wan1 and won't switch back

More
26 Nov 2012 12:30 #74345 by ghostworks
Which Firmware are you on?

Originally I had firmware 1.5 on my 3900 and had issue with load balance for my main LAN1 which was supposed to be load balance between 3 ADSL's/WAN's yet my LAN2 which is fixed to only 1 ADSL was working 100%

now on firmware 1.6 it seems to be better but not 100% like LAN2

More
29 Nov 2012 21:11 #74388 by the pit
I'm on the latest beta that they've just emailed me. That has advanced settings under general settings which doesn't give you any advanced settings. The beta version is 1.0.6 or should I call it alpha?
Still doesn't work.
Pity they didn't test it properly before they released it as it getting rather annoying.

Moderators: Sami