DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2960 Help

More
05 Oct 2012 08:09 #73748 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Remote loopback hasn't be "broken for some years" but sometimes it does get, er, enhanced temporarily...but they do tend to fix it in the next f/w.

"The Pit" - how did you contact DrayTek/support - UK support do reply to all tickets

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2012 19:21 #73764 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
I hope you have sorted your issues out , I've ordered a Vigor2960

More
08 Oct 2012 18:51 #73772 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Had some replies back from Draytek.
Got confirmation that I've got the weighting right for load balance. However creating rules to send traffic down wan1 or wan2 still doesn't work. They're testing the loopback too see if it's working or not. However that was some days ago so I prompted them again today for more feedback.
When I get the traffic going down the designated wans.
I contacted draytek via the form on the uK website.

More
09 Oct 2012 18:43 #73783 by the pit
Draytek sent me a new beta firmware today.
The update didn't go smoothly as dhcp failed on restart. I then had to disabled and then re-enabled dhcp before the network would reconnect. I did think briefly that I may have bricked the router which didn't look good as router tools wouldn't connect to it so I upgraded via the web browser. I noticed a newer version of the software has been released so next time I'll try that first and if it doesn't talk to router doing beta testing may not be a good idea unless draytek promise to replace it.
Anyway end result same problems as before no local upnp and load balancing rules are ignored.

More
09 Oct 2012 19:43 #73785 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Draytek 2960 Help
Is this a common issue at present, or just your unit ?
I've ordered a Vigor2960 to replace my 2830vn (plus) , original I went for a D-link DSR-1000n router with 2 new vigor120's as the d-link router has dual wan Ethernet but it had so many issues I've sent back and decided to stick with draytek

More
10 Oct 2012 21:40 #73793 by the pit
No idea it's only just come out. There maybe other issues with the firmware I don't know about as I don't use the feature.

Moderators: Sami