DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860N Line Drops

More
11 Nov 2014 16:24 #81720 by bakewellbiker
Replied by bakewellbiker on topic Re: Draytek 2860N Line Drops
Been having the same problems as you kiman but been off site for 6 weeks so had to temporarily leave it. Back this week and it's still dropping the connection 20-30 times a day. You could say I've had enough.....

Just to recap:

These disconnections only started when I migrated from ADSL to VDSL.
Done all the stuff previously suggested.
BT (actually MT as this is the IOM) have been out and swopped me onto another pair to the FTTC. (no change).

So what's new apart from me having less hair? Well my ISP lent me a Fritzbox which was substituted over the weekend for 3 days. Result? no dropped connections at all for the 3 days. The 2860Vn was reconnected yesterday morning and its back to dropping the connection every few minutes and >30 times/day.

The substitution test really does rule most things out other than the 2860.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2014 16:47 #81721 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: Draytek 2860N Line Drops

kiman2000 wrote: I think you are right about the OR modem... at 4am I noticed a drop and invesitgated... it was a DLM re-grade and it increased pings from 20ms to 40ms and dropped my line speed for 68Mb to 55Mb.... If I put the OR modem back in - do you think it will go back up?? I have heard it takes 3 days from DLM to settle?

It's all very strange. At 8am this morning, there was a reset, I cannot tell whether it was DLM initiated or Draytek as I did something else before I noticed and lost the log, however the DLM has taken off the interleave and my speed has increased by 5Mbps. It appears that I am back on an open profile again, I am seeing some FE CRC errors but no NE errors and there are about 9 & 10 Error Seconds. Link is stable enough though and giving me some good speed and ping test results.

The reason I did not see what reset the line at 8am was I went out and bought an Asus DSL-AC68, set it up, plugged it all in and went WOW! Another 5Mb's, then I went and looked at the TBB Ping test and saw I had been reset at 8am. Whatever the case, I tried the Asus, and as has been reported on other forums the VDSL connection reset after about 2-3 hours so the Draytek is back in place. I have had four days of total stability and I reckon for the time being I'll leave it there. Might take the Asus back to PC World and get my money back. What I really wanted was a nice 5Ghz Access point, but I was taken in by the nice box. :)

I should quickly add that although the Asus and Draytek both locked at the same sync rate, the Asus did report a higher attainable rate.

More
11 Nov 2014 16:49 #81722 by marjohn56
Deleted

More
11 Nov 2014 19:44 #81723 by marjohn56

bakewellbiker wrote: Been having the same problems as you kiman but been off site for 6 weeks so had to temporarily leave it. Back this week and it's still dropping the connection 20-30 times a day. You could say I've had enough.....

Just to recap:

These disconnections only started when I migrated from ADSL to VDSL.
Done all the stuff previously suggested.
BT (actually MT as this is the IOM) have been out and swopped me onto another pair to the FTTC. (no change).

So what's new apart from me having less hair? Well my ISP lent me a Fritzbox which was substituted over the weekend for 3 days. Result? no dropped connections at all for the 3 days. The 2860Vn was reconnected yesterday morning and its back to dropping the connection every few minutes and >30 times/day.

The substitution test really does rule most things out other than the 2860.

I managed to quote my own message previously, let's try again.

Are you running the vector firmware?

More
11 Nov 2014 20:41 #81726 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2860N Line Drops
Guys use the VECTOR firmware from here
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2860/v3.7.4.3/
I am not saying will solve every issue but worth to try, i have test it with even adsl line and is way stable in my opinion

Note ... if your profiles gone down, it may need few days go back, alternative load vector firmware with another pc to be ready, put back the OR modem to put up the profile faster then use the 2860 with vector

More
11 Nov 2014 20:53 #81727 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2860N Line Drops

marjohn56 wrote:
The reason I did not see what reset the line at 8am was I went out and bought an Asus DSL-AC68, set it up, plugged it all in and went WOW! Another 5Mb's, then I went and looked at the TBB Ping test and saw I had been reset at 8am. Whatever the case, I tried the Asus, and as has been reported on other forums the VDSL connection reset after about 2-3 hours so the Draytek is back in place. I have had four days of total stability and I reckon for the time being I'll leave it there. Might take the Asus back to PC World and get my money back. What I really wanted was a nice 5Ghz Access point, but I was taken in by the nice box. :)

I should quickly add that although the Asus and Draytek both locked at the same sync rate, the Asus did report a higher attainable rate.

seen your post & could not hold my self :P from hijacking ... sorry guys

because i am at their forums (as well) ... Asus sending me a FREE DSL AC68U all the way from Taiwan ... i think this is due to the issue
Any way i was beta tester with VM & TT (for their modems) for long time

I have located the issue with a conflict at administration > dsl settings ... i would advise for now to disable/turn off everything there (bit swap, tx power, sra, rx gain, UPBO etc)and just let the annex & modulation to auto , tick the save button ... then when settings message small window load 100% , give a manual reboot to the modem (to avoid the dsl conflict) and try again with the asus .. alternative you can use it only as pure router for it 5 G band or send it back lol

Moderators: Sami