DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860N Line Drops

• kiman2000
  • Topic Author
More
20 Nov 2014 01:01 #81869 by kiman2000
Replied by kiman2000 on topic Re: Draytek 2860N Line Drops
Just read back the thread and thought it may be helpful to point out to future readers that 80/20-28ms does not mean that I get 80mb down 20mb up speed... 80/20 is a TERMINOLOGY used by internet companies as an ideal not realistic figure. I actually get ~68/17-28ms depending on which test you run. I.e. never expect 80/20... even 500 yards away from cab you will get less. It is the Sync speed that is of interest - 71mb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2014 10:12 #81881 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: Draytek 2860N Line Drops
Seems Draytek have achieved what Asus could not. I took the Asus back to PC world this morning, silly having a £180 device sitting there as an access point.

I have to say that so far the beta I am running has been rock solid, I've even raised the SNR a little to reduce the CRC error count, which it has done, lost about 1.6 Mbps in the process but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

There is definately something wierd going on with the DLM though, even with the eratic behavior of the Asus and tweaking the 2860 I have not been punished....

Long may it continue.

More
21 Nov 2014 11:11 #81883 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2860N Line Drops

marjohn56 wrote: I took the Asus back to PC world this morning, silly having a £180 device sitting there as an access point.

feel bad for them really, they only have 2 vdsl modems (where Draytek are more experienced with vdsl)

More
21 Nov 2014 13:07 #81888 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: Draytek 2860N Line Drops
Yes, but they really should have tested it to death before bringing it to market. It should have gone out to beta testers all over the place with a range of lines from excellent to absolute c**p, then they would have seen the issues beforehand and would not now be stuck with a lemon that no-one wants.

The only way out of this is to fix the issue and rename the router as Mk2, then they may get trust back. I will not buy another Asus router until it has been on the UK market for at least a year and has been tested to death, not that I am planning on buyin another router anytime soon anyway! :)

Moderators: Sami