DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850n constantly rebooting

More
13 Apr 2012 08:52 #71878 by kevan
Replied by kevan on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
Forgot to mention, I'm on O2 LLU for the ISP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2012 14:45 #71884 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
Right, so I am getting somewhere, I downgrade my 2850 to 3.3.6.1 232201A and low and behold I am up for 19 hours with no issues!! It has to be the new 3.6 set of firmware that is causing the issues. Try ftp back to DrayTeks firmware and restoring the old firmware. If you have success post back on here and we will have a better case. This has wasted the best part of 1 month of my time and I m not happy. I believe we can crack this!!!

More
13 Apr 2012 15:19 #71886 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
For those that are interested I believe there is a case here under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 which describes goods as being "fit for purpose" in my view a Router that reboots every 2 hours sometimes more frequently isn't. If I had purchased a £25 router from ebay then I would be silent on the matter, but I haven't. I have 2 x 2850s a 2710, 2x AP800s along with their 5Ghz dongles an AP700 and even a rack shelf. I have spent a month bring to fix this dropping out issue had BT to my premises twice and now I discover that by downgrading to 3.3.6.1 I m far more stable. I have emailed DrayTek support all the way, ref lashing my routers and re inputting all the data is not something I care to do on a daily basis. I need someone at DrayTek to explain whats happening, yes it may be just a few of us on ADSL in the UK experiencing problems but we all are.

Everyone with a 2850 experiencing problems pls post here results if you downgrade back to 3.3.6.1 as I will take legal advice on the issue, our time is valuable and really doesn't need to be spent on being guinea pigs for unstable firmware

More
16 Apr 2012 09:45 #71901 by wildoat
Replied by wildoat on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
I'm on a 2850n on 3.6.1_2471201 firmware and it is now very stable - just checked my up-time and it is 73 hours plus (and that is only because I rebooted manually). I'm operating a dual wan (ADSL2 on both, one with BT business and one with TalkTalk) I have nothing on wan 3. My modem code is 2471201 which was a change from the usual 232201. For such variability cf others on this thread it must either be some difference in hardware or in the different configuration that is triggering this. Sorry I cant help with a solution but thought it was worth passing on the above info in case it can help in some way. Regards, W.

More
16 Apr 2012 15:59 #71911 by kevan
Replied by kevan on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
I'm in conversation with Draytek support currently, and have been asked to check whether the Firewall DoS function is enabled, so it might be worth checking if those who have problems all have this enabled, and vice versa. I believe I have it enabled, but can't check currently as all interfaces are down again!

I haven't tried the 3.3.6 firmware as mine came with 3.6.0 and I'm reluctant to go back earlier than that without guidance from support.

More
19 Apr 2012 13:42 #71954 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting

repoman wrote: I believe there is a case here under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 ...... I will take legal advice on the issue

I believe there's a case here of someone ready to unleash their obviously vast legal knowledge and skill when all they probably need to do is ask their dealer if they can return the item for a refund..... I bet you also push people out of the way before simply sayining "excuse me" :-)

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami