DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850n constantly rebooting

More
20 Apr 2012 08:50 #71960 by boe323
Replied by boe323 on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
I have a 2850vn, completly random day or night, ill get crc buildup in there 100,s/1000,s on every ui refresh, ive had numerous visits from bt to complete line swaps from the pole to the exchange, when bt tests my line with there equipment they get a 24db line attenuation and not even 1 crc in 20mins, now,with the router i get 29db attenuation,and with the shipping firmware i get 35db attenuation, when i use this router i can garantee at least 100 crcs in 20mins when i first reboot the router, and out of the blue completly random it will start building up crc errors, clocking the router and starting at 0 again, this happens on both firmwares, and even happens on 2830vn plus, im 99% sure theres a problem with draytek routers, oh, im on adsl2+, if i force adsl2 it calms down, but the other day it started doing it on adsl2 aswell, cant be my isp, bt have done everything, its not rein as my snr will always stay at 6 db when it happens, stays at 6 no matter what unless i get a real problem then it does rise, so as you can see its not a line problem otherwise my snr would be rising or even dropping when crcs are building up, i cant go back top the shipping firmware, my attenuation is way out now at 29db, 35db is rediculas. Im dredding having to use this router when fttc is available in 2 months(which is what i purchased it for), i feel that i will be using bt,s equipment because ill be at an even higher speed, my throughput is cut by half now when the crcs are building up, sometimes its completly at a standstill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2012 11:00 #71974 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting

admin wrote: I believe there's a case here of someone ready to unleash their obviously vast legal knowledge and skill when all they probably need to do is ask their dealer if they can return the item for a refund..... I bet you also push people out of the way before simply sayining "excuse me"

- Nice, I ve spent a month with my Broadband re booting along with numerous visit from BT to test my line and re wire it into my house. I have downgraded my firmware to 3.3.6.1 and had no drop outs for 7 days. I don't want to return a product I spent a lot of time researching into the best for my needs and all the associated equipment I purchased to compliment it.
- As "admin" your comments are unwarranted, unhelpful and unappreciated. There may only be a few of us getting these problems with this combination but I have worked with DrayTek support all the way to try to get to the bottom of this issue, after a month the frustration begins to boil over and sometimes it may well take action for companies to listen.

More
29 Apr 2012 10:41 #72054 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
I got a 2850 to replace a 2910 last week. From day 1 we got re-boots on the 2850, and after a lot of effort replacing the switch on the LAN side, and all the BT sockets on the WAN side, plue re-checking the wiring, we narowed it down to the ADSL port. If the router was on just WAN2 going via PPPoE to a V100 modem then it is rock solid. As soon as we plugged an ADSL line into WAN1 then we get re-booting. Yesterday noon I plugged the 2910 back in and it hasn't missed a beat so far. We are on ADSL2 I think (8mb max) Dual WAN BTopenzone and BTConnect.

FWIW, I did upgrade the 2910 firmware a month ago to the US latest firmware (for some reason not available in UK) and got rebooting on that, so backed it out. Of course, not released for UK use so no gripes with Draytek, but maybe some similarity between that code and the latest 2850?

More
30 Apr 2012 15:30 #72065 by kevan
Replied by kevan on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
Just an update from me, since disabling the DoS feature I've not had the "non-responsive to all interfaces" problem. Since updating to the latest publicly available firmware (3.6.1_2471201) I have had numerous reboots, but none for the past 5 days or so. Support have provided a beta level of firmware, but before I apply that I want to wait until it reboots itself again just to make sure the problem hasn't gone away by itself.

More
02 May 2012 12:05 #72086 by kevan
My 2850n rebooted this morning, after almost 7 days uptime, a new record for me! So, I have applied the beta firmware supplied by Draytek support and will see how it goes. I'll report back here, but it could be a while before I'm convinced the problem has gone away.

More
19 Jun 2012 09:54 #72655 by kevan
Working with support we have pinned down the problem to Samba support on the USB disk - turning off Samba stops the reboots. You can still use syslogging to the disk. I have a new level of firmware to test, which is looking promising so far, but I need to give it a few days to prove it has fixed the Samba problem.

Moderators: Sami