DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850n constantly rebooting

More
22 Jun 2012 14:13 #72695 by timw
Replied by timw on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
The reboots are back.

I made the mistake of upgrading the firmware last week, and it instantly started rebooting itself every few hours. I tried going back to the previous firmware and it still reboots. I tried rebooting with factory defaults, using the Factory Reset button and still it keeps rebooting. I managed 18 hours between reboots today, but it can be as little as 10 minutes. It also managed to reboot itself and do a factory reset again.

If it doesn't get sorted one way or another within a week, it'll go back to BroadbandBuyer as unusable. I've been using Drayteks since the 2600 and they've been great, but this 2850n has just wasted too many hours. I'm only connected to ADSL2+ on a single WAN. No USB or anything - just a single ADSL connection - and still it can't stay up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2012 11:01 #72740 by davidmatthewson
Replied by davidmatthewson on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
Hmm.. seems a common issue - see http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17346&start=15

David

More
01 Jul 2012 14:03 #72790 by timw
Replied by timw on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
Draytek support finally confessed to an issue with some wireless component used in a number of different models, and suggested I sent the unit in to their service department. As I'd had the problem from day 1 and the unit was only 3 months old, I spoke to my supplier and they swapped the unit out for a new one same day. Lo and behold, 48 hours solid with the replacement. Not good, Draytek.

More
02 Jul 2012 21:22 #72826 by davidmatthewson
Replied by davidmatthewson on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
See - http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17346&p=72824#p72824

Draytek didn't fix mine - v disappointed customer..

David

More
04 Jul 2012 10:51 #72834 by justins
Replied by justins on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
Watched the 2850n drop out several times in real time last night. All was Okay then message ‘PPP Shutdown’ and that was it. I work from home on odd days and use terminal server to VPN to the server at work for exchange etc. These dropouts play havoc with this and are a real time waster. I purchased the 2850n as I have heard that Draytek had a stellar reputation in this area and that spending £200+ would buy me the BMW of wireless routers. Sadly not the case and I am considering (if tech support cannot stabilise this unit) returning for a full refund. If Draytech know of an issue with this unit then why don’t they just recall them and get it fixed? I mean, don't do a Barclays and hide the issue as in the long term they will trash their reputation and that’s priceless in the IT business. Doing the corporate emu is so short term and stupid.

More
05 Jul 2012 09:39 #72841 by justins
Replied by justins on topic Re: 2850n constantly rebooting
I received a new firmware from tech support that is different from the one on their site. Uploaded and all seems okay 5 hours up-time and no DSL drop outs. Can't say for sure that its fixed the issue but it looks promising. Well done tech support.

Moderators: Sami