DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DRAYTEK 2850VN

More
18 Jun 2012 21:59 #72649 by weehappypixie
Replied by weehappypixie on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN
Would spoofing the BT modem MAC address help?

Just a thought.
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2012 17:04 #72666 by brainier
Replied by brainier on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN

pharcyder wrote: I've been working with UK support on this and I've made a bit of progress. I now have downstream with the same throughput as the BT modem and upstream with a good improvement.....but still not quite as quick at the open reach modem.

Here's what they asked me to change:

Telnet into the router and run the following commands:

adsl txpct 100
adsl rxpct 100
adsl reboot

This should free up the routers own bandwidth reservations (command is
relevant to ADSL but should also help with VDSL).

Via the web GUI, disable QOS. By default, its set to reserve 25% of bandwidth. It should say Disabled in the Status column next to whatever WAN ports you're using.

So I tried that, and no improvements - i've got 40/8 on a 80/20 line that BTO/HH3 equipment can do!

• boe323
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jun 2012 20:43 #72767 by boe323
Replied by boe323 on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN
Sorry guys, ive completley give up with the draytek, i can either bridge it or just leave it in its box, its just not happeneing, sync is terrible, so im sticking with bts equipment, it is a shame though, i spent all that money on it, i could of bought a new motherboard or even a new cpu, just crazy. Yeah, i sync the same as you, 40/8 with bts equipment, i did have 51/14 a while back but all this messing around as totally screwed my line, ive lost my low ping also.

More
02 Sep 2012 20:42 #73382 by jolley
Replied by jolley on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN

dcrobinson1965 wrote: Yes, I can confirm that another speedtest this morning using the Draytek modem gave me 71.43/12.05. I then immediately switched back to the Openreach modem, and got 75.05/17.76. That's pretty consistent with what I was seeing all yesterday.

On a positive note, the connection was stable for the last 24 hours, I believe. I sincerely hope these figures are as a result of me having done something stupid, but I don't think so.

Same here on a 40/10 service, the Draytek will sync at full speed 39984/9994, speed tests give the same download rate as the openreach modem, but 20% lower upload rate.

:-(

More
04 Sep 2012 20:02 #73399 by skoya
Replied by skoya on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN
i have the same problem. suspect something is not compatible in the draytek vdsl firmware. Hopefully draytek will fix. For now I will also have to use the bt modem via ethernet. The major problem isnt so much the upload speed but the fact that facetime and skype keep dropping due to instability in the upload connection. Guess the dream of having one device isn't quite there yet.

More
04 Sep 2012 21:11 #73400 by dcrobinson1965
Replied by dcrobinson1965 on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN
Might be worth trying an upload to a fast FTP server, if you have access to one. As I said in my post earlier, for me Speedtest.net was showing circa 12.5mbps upload, but real world speeds to an FTP server was over 16mbps.

My VDSL connection has been rock solid for the last 3 months. The only problem I've had is with the whole device "locking up" a couple of times (can't even ping it from the LAN side), necessitating an power cycle.

Moderators: Sami