DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DRAYTEK 2850VN

More
05 Sep 2012 00:23 #73401 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN

skoya wrote: i have the same problem. suspect something is not compatible in the draytek vdsl firmware. Hopefully draytek will fix.

or something has to do because the vdsl modem works or depends with the adsl modem

i say this because i have find according to this post in the same thread

prove one
pharcyder wrote:

I've been working with UK support on this and I've made a bit of progress. I now have downstream with the same throughput as the BT modem and upstream with a good improvement.....but still not quite as quick at the open reach modem.

Here's what they asked me to change:

Telnet into the router and run the following commands:

adsl txpct 100
adsl rxpct 100
adsl reboot

This should free up the routers own bandwidth reservations (command is
relevant to ADSL but should also help with VDSL).

Via the web GUI, disable QOS. By default, its set to reserve 25% of bandwidth. It should say Disabled in the Status column next to whatever WAN ports you're using.

prove 2
during some adsl firmware test and changing setting (multimode, adsl2+, g.dmt, etc i have find out when untick vdsl profiles 8a,8b etc the vdsl bug light will stop flashing so it has something to do
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17565

I don't have infinnity but i would suggest give a try

untick all vdsl profiles or just keep ticked only the 17a
change the from auto to B43 or A43
Keep bit swap off (may take longer to synchronise)
Click ok

No need of reboot for these setting to take affect but reboot manually the router if will synchronise higher when will come back on line

I think is worth it to try because it will not take much time to do it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2012 19:36 #73447 by skoya
Replied by skoya on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN
i have isolated my facetime/skype issues. I disabled or raised the thresholds on the DoS attack settings on the router. this was appearing as in the web syslog as the root cause of disconnects in skype and facetime. I have had no problems since. I have also reverted to using the bt modem on wan 2 to get the better upload speeds. i followed the guide above but it still didnt hep my upload speeds. now instead of 8Mb/s, I am getting close to 16Mb/s, via the bt modem.

More
11 Sep 2012 09:55 #73457 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN
for the ones having still problems with VDSL seems one beta out at the polish ftp (out since a week ago)
ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2850/Firmware/beta/

More
13 Sep 2012 11:15 #73479 by briain
Replied by briain on topic Re: DRAYTEK 2850VN

pharcyder wrote:
adsl txpct 100
adsl rxpct 100
adsl reboot

Hi

A while back, I upped my adsl txpct to 96% and it gave me a worthwhile upload sipped increase (and I reckon that's about correct for my usage patterns).

It's also worth noting that you can restore them back the the default factory settings again by using the below:

qos setup -D
sys commit
adsl reboot

Bri

Moderators: Sami