DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning

• robgreenwood
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jul 2010 10:49 #1 by robgreenwood
Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning was created by robgreenwood
Last week I decided to upgrade to 3.3.4 firmware on a Vigor2820Vn as there are little annoyances I really want fixed (caller id being the main one). Uploaded 3.3.4 and the router died, it would constantly reboot itself (I've seen others are having this problem). Finally worked out how to recover it to the old firmware and it recovered to 3.3.3.

After experimenting I found that if I did a clean upgrade (i.e. over write the 3.3.3 config) 3.3.4 worked and the router came up. I must say that I didn't go any further than it came up! I then re-applied my 3.3.3 config to the router and hey presto router bricked and back into endless reboots.

Back to 3.3.3 again as I really don't have the time to set this thing up again from scratch.

So there's clearly a bug\incompatibility between 3.3.3 and 3.3.4, I would urge caution to anyone doing the upgrade. Make yourself familiar with the router tools undo process and get a copy of the original firmware before you hit the go button.

DrayTek - I hope you read these forums, this really is poor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2010 12:16 #2 by thrain
Replied by thrain on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Mine worked fine without re-applying the config.

More
04 Jul 2010 12:48 #3 by kc_
3.3.3 to 3.3.4 went fine here

More
04 Jul 2010 14:25 #4 by rothers
Replied by rothers on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
same here 3.3.3 to 3.3.4 with .all went fine.

More
05 Jul 2010 11:11 #5 by mph
I've got a router stuck on 3.3.0 because it went into a reboot cycle upgrading to 3.3.3 (or doing a clean install and then restoring the backup config).

This is where a binary config file really isn't helpful. If we could chop out half of it at least that half left to re do by hand..

More
06 Jul 2010 19:48 #6 by markah
Replied by markah on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Moved to 3.3.4 from 3.3.3 yesterday and now all my LAN ports are lock-up. I can't access the web interface and the factory roboot isn't working either.

Just a coincidence??? Whatever - by 8020 is currenlty buggered and I've had to pull and old one out of the loft.

Moderators: ChrisSami