DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning

More
27 Aug 2010 15:06 #37 by flippin
Replied by flippin on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Hi,

I raised the issues here, but also used the contact support option from main page http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html .

They do get back to you, and it is always best to log it officially I think.

I logged the issues I was having which have been discussed here, and gave them a copy of my router cfg file.

I had one router which did the reboot loop, but after leaving it off and unplugging all connections to it it suddenly stopped rebooting! Ironically just as we had put a backup adsl modem/ router in place!

The only issue I have at present is an odd ftp usb thing (which could be me) and the bind dhcp to mac issue. Which I know draytek are aware of.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2010 18:35 #38 by jswift909
Replied by jswift909 on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning

fatboyslim01 wrote: i upgraded my 2820vn last night before reading anything in here, i went from 3.3.3 to 3.3.4 used rst version then imported back in my 3.3.3 config with no issues at all, looks like i was the lucky one. i must say ive just done a three day cisco course and i no where my money will be spent from now on.

No, I did exactly the same and was lucky too. My config is pretty basic so clearly there is something the rest of them are using which is where the corruption comes from. If you are lucky like us you can use the 3.3.4 rst, then import your 3.3.3 config.

If Draytek aren't playing ball we have to make them play ball -- or it's all over for them. Bad press and everyone runs off elsewhere, so they need to be told. In this sort of market there are too many players and bad press can potentially wipe you out. They perhaps need to get more people involved in beta testing - perhaps even to the point of providing a dozen or so routers to key testers.

More
29 Aug 2010 20:26 #39 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
I've had the same issues to.
I've been running 3.3.4 for a while (few months) without issue and to be honest thought you guys were just plain unlucky.
Then about a week ago the router started hard rebooting once a day, this happened for a couple of days then seemed to clear up. It then stayed up for around 3 days without problems.
The next day it was completly dead. All the outside leds on with the center one out. Couldn't ping it or anything.
Tried for about an hour to re-flashed 3.3.3 via tftp had no luck at all from windows 7 (64bit), then tried an old XP laptop and this worked on about the 3rd attempt.

So I'm now happy to be back on 3.3.3.

I did mail Draytek and told them what I thought of them :) as I already had a ticket open covering the daily reboots. Since my outburst (not over the top) I haven't had a single reply.

They seriously need to get their sh*t together.

More
03 Sep 2010 00:18 #40 by gruffle
Replied by gruffle on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
just a thought folks - I am as fed up with Draytek firmware issues (multiple sites all over the country!) as the next user here and I am assessing TCO for these routers, and frankly likely to move away at the next upgrade cycle (getting sooner every flawed fw release!), but just to say the guys in the uk are really only pawns in this (sorry lads!). I do believe they genuinely try to replicate issues and feed this back to Draytek themselves.

Really - try to work with them constructively and you will find them very co-operative, better to direct your frustrations directly to Draytek direct.

What to me is clearly unacceptable is the tardy response from Draytek to these issues. Draytek really need to get their s**t together and fast.

More
04 Sep 2010 09:30 #41 by reado
Replied by reado on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Looks like my problem is related to the 3.3.4 firmware.

We have a 2820n (WAN1) and a Vigor 110 (WAN2), both connected to eachother. WAN2 receives VoIP traffic and the main router has key ports forwarded from WAN2 to our internal PBX.

Today for no reason the VoIP side broke. According to our Trixbox reseller, the ports are no longer forwarding - to them they see "request timed out". On top of that, we can't make outgoing calls - the 2820n has blocked all outgoing traffic, but only for these ports!

A quick reboot resolves the issue.

One question I have, has anyone tried resetting to defaults with the 3.3.4 firmware and had no issues, or should I just roll back to 3.3.3?

More
06 Sep 2010 08:55 #42 by stevenball
Replied by stevenball on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Hi Reado

This is exactly the problem I'm having with my Voip phones living behind the router.

The router seems to loose the port forwarding and none of the phones register. Like you say a reboot fixes the issue.

One thing I have noticed when I need to reboot, is that the lan activity lights all seem to be flashing in time and at a regular pulse. Normally they flash randomly as traffic flashes around my network. Once rebooted that is the case.

I too have several router placed all over the UK and am being forced by my customers to find more stable routers !

Moderators: ChrisSami