DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning

More
27 Jul 2010 14:19 #25 by northerngit
Replied by northerngit on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning

dean.mac wrote: I thought Draytek had the best adsl routers, how wrong i could have been.

I would presume we all got caught with that assumption! I think its the hardest pill to swallow. The hardware is phenomenal, and when Draytek get it right, they are second to none. Unfortunately of late, their QA process is more than lacking.

dean.mac wrote: By the way i have got my 2820Vn back to 3.3.3 and it seems ok now.

I reverted back too. Apart from the minor known issues, we are working again. The problems that exist in 3.3.3 don't directly affect us, so we can manage for now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2010 21:35 #26 by fatboyslim01
Replied by fatboyslim01 on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
i upgraded my 2820vn last night before reading anything in here, i went from 3.3.3 to 3.3.4 used rst version then imported back in my 3.3.3 config with no issues at all, looks like i was the lucky one. i must say ive just done a three day cisco course and i no where my money will be spent from now on.

More
12 Aug 2010 21:39 #27 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Can I ask that everyone suffering from the 3.3.3 to 3.3.4 upgrade reboot problem and also the failure caused by restoring a 3.3.3 config to a fresh 3.3.4 installation log a support call with Draytek.

Hopefully this will give Draytek support a multitude of config files to examine for any common issue.

I have an open call, although at the moment Draytek cannot reproduce the issue in their test environment.

Many thanks

More
13 Aug 2010 21:18 #28 by jchamier
Replied by jchamier on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning

e.ringrose wrote: I have an open call, although at the moment Draytek cannot reproduce the issue in their test environment.

Can they reproduce the DHCP issue with MAC assigned addresses?

Just doesn't work on 3.3.4, and the device gets no IP; wired or wireless.

Vigor2820Vn - BT Infinity 2 - Download: 45 megabit/sec - Upload: 8 megabit/sec

More
14 Aug 2010 21:36 #29 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Yeah I'm fairly sure they've found that DHCP and bind ip to MAC especially is broken with 3.3.4. One other thing I've found is that with a couple of PCs, they'll constantly get a new IP each time they're reconnected to the network regardless of the DHCP lease time I've set.

More
14 Aug 2010 22:37 #30 by flippin
Replied by flippin on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Hi,

I logged my problems with Draytek, and have given them a copy of my config.

With the 3.3.4 firmware installed over a 3.3.3 firmware - I was having various problems with PCs that had mac bindings not getting their normal IP addresses and getting ignoired, and other things like phones who were always given what ever ip address available not getting assigned anything either.

I was also getting VPN problems where mOTP would never work; traffic would disappear after 30secs over vpn connection.
This could all have been related.

Since mac binding is not really that important to me and only my ip printer needs it (I leave the printer on now) I have installed the 3.3.4 firmware using the reset setting and have had no issues (with mac binding off). I just have to remeber a couple of mac addresses to use the wake on lan function - which was really handy.

I haven;t hit the vpn hard, and the mOTP auth has failed - but that could be time realated.

Moderators: ChrisSami