DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning

More
08 Jul 2010 09:32 #7 by davegarratt
Replied by davegarratt on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
I think draytek should pull version 3.3.4 off their website to limit the problems its causing. DHCP binding to MAC addresses is seriously broken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2010 10:04 #8 by gcp
Yep, same here I've always used the DHCP Binding feature and it's totally screwed up now. All my VM's playing up big time with no internet connectivity.

I've had to revert to 3.3.3 to get it all working again.

More
12 Jul 2010 11:31 #9 by weehappypixie
Replied by weehappypixie on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
UK Support are aware of the issue. I wrote to them earlier last week with some issues and they were at that time not aware of anything. After explaining the issues and posting links to these forums they have now said they are aware of the issue and will post a fix ASAP.

John

More
13 Jul 2010 14:56 #10 by davegarratt
Replied by davegarratt on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
ASAP could mean weeks and of course there is no guarantee that the fix does not break something else. I'm not going to be an early adopter or beta tester for the "release" version any more after the grief that 3.3.4 has caused me.

More
15 Jul 2010 12:47 #11 by cbsys
Replied by cbsys on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
another 3.3.4 issue-

You cannot access your router's WAN IP from inside the LAN!

More
19 Jul 2010 08:47 #12 by apalmer
Replied by apalmer on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Another issue...

Site to Site VPN's seem to drop the initial connection your trying to make when establishing.

For example I use RDP a lot to remote VPN sites. Since updating I have to wait for the RDP to fail (or cancel it) then try again to connect. The same happens with access the remote routers HTTP management pages. Obviously everything works as normal as long as the VPN is currently up and running. Previous behaviour was as expected where initial connections would take 1-2 seconds longer while the VPN established.

Moderators: ChrisSami