DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning

More
06 Sep 2010 08:57 #43 by reado
Replied by reado on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
This is no good. Can't believe DrayTek would release such unstable firmware.

I'll have to rollback to 3.3.3. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2010 16:30 #44 by markiebrown
Replied by markiebrown on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Somebody at Dreytek should be fired!

More
07 Sep 2010 16:33 #45 by reado
I'm confused by DrayTek's response. It sounds like they're dismissing there being a problem with the firmware:

The router doesn't block any outgoing traffic unless there is any firewall rules are configured to do so. Have you setup any filter rules regarding traffic on those ports?

And also can't see the reason for port forwarding/open ports fails, but you can check a couple of things when the problem reappears, check the NAT session table on router to see if the router is still forwarding those ports back to your server.

I said someone else was having the exact same problem as me and pointed them to this thread. :/

More
07 Sep 2010 19:13 #46 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning

gruffle wrote: just a thought folks - I am as fed up with Draytek firmware issues (multiple sites all over the country!) as the next user here and I am assessing TCO for these routers, and frankly likely to move away at the next upgrade cycle (getting sooner every flawed fw release!), but just to say the guys in the uk are really only pawns in this (sorry lads!). I do believe they genuinely try to replicate issues and feed this back to Draytek themselves.

Really - try to work with them constructively and you will find them very co-operative, better to direct your frustrations directly to Draytek direct.

What to me is clearly unacceptable is the tardy response from Draytek to these issues. Draytek really need to get their s**t together and fast.

Sure and when I said that I told them what I thought of them, I did so in a very restrained manner. I can't honestly believe that my mail upset anyone.

More
08 Sep 2010 08:33 #47 by stevenball
Replied by stevenball on topic Vigor2820Vn Firmware 3.3.4 upgrade warning
Further to Reado's post.....

When my phone is registered and working OK the SIP port and IP address of the phone are listed in the NAT session table, BTW these ports are also port forwarded.

The router doesn't block any outgoing traffic unless there is any firewall rules are configured to do so. Have you setup any filter rules regarding traffic on those ports?

And also can't see the reason for port forwarding/open ports fails, but you can check a couple of things when the problem reappears, check the NAT session table on router to see if the router is still forwarding those ports back to your server.

I waited for my phone to lose it's registration and checked the NAT session table, no port 5060 there, rebooted the phone and it still failed to register, so back to the NAT session table and still no mention of the ports in question. The phone doesn't register, so the only assumption is that the router is now blocking this port at this point.

Hard reboot the router and low and behold, the port will then appear in the NAT session list and the phone will register.

Hopefully this will be enough for Draytek to sit up and take notice, this never happened under the previous firmware, it only started happening once I installed the current version.

More
08 Sep 2010 08:35 #48 by reado

stevenball wrote: Further to Reado's post.....

When my phone is registered and working OK the SIP port and IP address of the phone are listed in the NAT session table, BTW these ports are also port forwarded.

I waited for my phone to lose it's registration and checked the NAT session table, no port 5060 there, rebooted the phone and it still failed to register, so back to the NAT session table and still no mention of the ports in question. The phone doesn't register, so the only assumption is that the router is now blocking this port at this point.

Hard reboot the router and low and behold, the port will then appear in the NAT session list and the phone will register.

Hopefully this will be enough for Draytek to sit up and take notice, this never happened under the previous firmware, it only started happening once I installed the current version.

Thanks for checking this. The issue hasn't reoccurred for us since I emailed DrayTek so I've been unable to do this myself. I'll point DrayTek in the direction of your reply today and see what they come back with.

Moderators: ChrisSami