DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes

More
04 Feb 2014 09:15 #78944 by babis3g
one suggestion for the people are facing reboots
try close the DoS and uPnP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2014 11:43 #78946 by phyber

tgerighty wrote:
Turned out it was PlexMediaServer (0.9.8.18.290) downloaded from Plex.
Uninstall PlexMediaServer 0.9.8.18.290 -> crashing stops. Stable for 24 hours
Install Synology's Plex 0.9.7.28.33 -> Stable for 24 hours.

It's the router, not PlexMediaServer. The router absolutely should not crash just because some traffic hit it. In this case, Plex happens to be able to generate the traffic that causes the router to crash. That's good, it will give Draytek something to look at while fixing this bug.

You did file a bug report with them, right?

More
04 Feb 2014 13:12 #78954 by tgerighty
Replied by tgerighty on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
I did file a bug report and supplied extensive syslogs. But the logs don't show anything and the crash dump from the router is blank after the reset.

I agree, this is NOT a Plex problem but a Draytek one. Happens to be caused by Plex but it should not cause the router to crash like this.

@babis3g - I tried without DoS and without uPnP. Same crashing before the downgrade of Plex.

More
05 Feb 2014 20:15 #78984 by tgerighty
Replied by tgerighty on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
I have been asked to try firmware 3.7.4.1_RC2 for a different problem (missing "Customized" DDNS - fixed in 3.7.4.1_RC2). So far that appears to be holding stable so I upgraded Plex on my Synology NAS to the latest version.

Its now been up for 3 hours and zero reboots. Looks like we have a fix.

No idea how long before 3.7.4.1 becomes GA but there appears to be a solution in sight!

***UPDATE**** now been up over 9 hours straight!

More
10 Feb 2014 10:40 #79035 by martinjsaunders
Replied by martinjsaunders on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
Also having the same issue with randomly rebooting 2860n running 3.7.3.2 on a VDSL2 line, is this an issue which Draytek UK are going to acknowledge?

Oh, looks like there might be a fix according to tgerighty, that would be good news!

More
10 Feb 2014 21:24 #79049 by martinjsaunders
Replied by martinjsaunders on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
Installed 3.7.4.1_rc2 and it lasted 38 mins before rebooting again :( We're also running Plex.

Moderators: Sami