DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes

More
11 Feb 2014 11:19 #79051 by alanplum241276
Replied by alanplum241276 on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
Link to 3.7.4.1_rc2 ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2014 09:59 #79062 by koy
Hi,

I also have been experiencing this issue and found switching off upnp has resulted in no more random rebooting or dropping out the internet VDSL2 connection, but I need upnp support! Can draytek comment on this? As a router bought for reliability at a premium cost it should not have issues like it has?

Koy.

More
12 Feb 2014 20:42 #79068 by phyber

alanplum241276 wrote: Link to 3.7.4.1_rc2 ?

It's a private beta that support have given out to a few people for specific issues (I have it for testing DNS/IPv6 firewall issues). It still reboots frequently as martinjsaunders said.

More
20 Feb 2014 23:41 #79146 by deltamikealpha
Replied by deltamikealpha on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
+1 for me on plex being the culprit -- cheers peoples ;) -- just bad timing of installing it and getting a phone line!

More
21 Feb 2014 10:10 #79147 by alex_vfrmedia
Replied by alex_vfrmedia on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
I've just purchased a 2860n in preparation for a FTTC install next week. In this case the router was connected to the existing ADSL whilst awaiting BT Openreach to provde the FTTC at my house (I also work remotely and test new equipment there). There were no other WAN connections.

A similar (interlinked?) issue suddenly occured, the WLAN stopped working, and after multiple reboots the router now comes back to life but as a 2860 - without any WLAN menus!

I have also reflashed it with .RST firmware 3.7.3.3, tried starting it up without anything connected to it that might upset things elsewhere and still no WLAN!

I have logged a support request as well and am awaiting a reply, although having bought a Draytek from SEG in 2002 (when I had NTL cable and lived in SE England) and since moving to the east have purchased 3 x Draytek routers (2810 and 2820 series) for my employers, advised our local community radio station to obtain one, and all these devices have performed well!

Thankfully I should be able to get some backup kit from work and rig up a temporary install for the FTTC, but it is a shame that this new model is playing up in such a way.

Alex

More
18 Mar 2014 14:40 #79385 by tobythetenor
Replied by tobythetenor on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
Disabling UPnP will stop the undesired reboots from happening.
It's not great not having UPnP, but it's a work-around I can live with at the moment.
Hope Draytek will fix this soon.

Moderators: Sami