DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes

More
24 Jan 2014 10:41 #78835 by babis3g

rsb1 wrote: Have BT changed something somewhere? I guess I'll have to try Draytek Support.

You can try support as well ... maybe rollback firmware too ... as far i know BT is upgrading their openreach modems via over the line software and also some cabins (fttc cabinets) for their vdsl service ... they may go vectoring soon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2014 11:02 #78836 by rsb1
Over at the Bt forums:
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/bd-p/BTInfinity

There are posts about recent dropouts, reboots etc in the last week/day. Perhaps BT's attempt to upgrade their openreach modems / homehubs is screwing with the Draytek as well somehow?

More
24 Jan 2014 12:16 #78841 by babis3g

rsb1 wrote: Over at the Bt forums:
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/bd-p/BTInfinity

There are posts about recent dropouts, reboots etc in the last week/day. Perhaps BT's attempt to upgrade their openreach modems / homehubs is screwing with the Draytek as well somehow?

BT is in the process of updating the band parameters on their FTTC cabinets & they updating the same time the firmware of the HG612 via BT Agent ... because of this change seems the update is a must for the Huawei to keep going and perhaps may affecting the draytek which is not updated to the band parameters of BT at the moment ... but this is my guessing so i can be wrong

More
25 Jan 2014 09:36 #78860 by gilchristt
Replied by gilchristt on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes

tristandwane wrote:
Factory reset on the front
Install UK latest Firmware 3.7.3
Configured from scratch, did not import a stored config

This worked for me as well, went from rebooting every couple of minutes to being stable for days.

I didn't do the firmware step as I was already at the latest.

Thanks Tristan

More
29 Jan 2014 21:09 #78888 by mike_donoghue
Replied by mike_donoghue on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
Hi all,

I have just bought a Vigor 2860N+ and am having exactly the same problem. Not only that but i'm only getting 4Mbps down and 3Mbps up on a BT Infinity 2 connection that gives me 24Mbbps down and 8Mbps up when I connect the standard BT supplied router along with the Openreach modem.

The reset and apply settings suggestion above did not work for me.

I have had to use the BT supplied Openreach modem with the WAN2 port on the Vigor 2860N+ in order to get around the constant rebooting issue.

But I am still only getting 4Mbps down and 3Mbps up.

I am using the latest firmware from ftp://ftp.draytek.com which is 3.7.3.3. I have tried 3.7.3 also and it does exactly the same thing.

I have logged a support request through the Draytek website but this was days ago and I am still waiting for a response. I think I could be waiting for a very long time - just a gut feel.

Can someone from Draytek please begin to address this issue! You cannot put out routers that basically do not perform as they should - these are basic functions of a router which we have paid good money to use.

More
29 Jan 2014 22:51 #78890 by rsb1
My 2860 has been up for nearly 5 days now since I went back to using the BT supplied ECI modem into the WAN2 port. My IP Profile has not returned to what it was a few weeks ago (using the draytek as the modem), but I expect this is due to BT's DLM reducing the sync because of all the reboots I was having previously. That and the weather, which seems to get worse and worse - there must be a lot of moisture in the cabinets at the moment.

Or maybe it's just that the street cabinets are getting full up with new installs and the issue is crosstalk. You can't get any line stats out of the BT ECI modem so it's difficult to begin to find out what's going on. As I said, my draytek has been very reliable up till a week ago (60 down, 10 up) so I wouldn't rule out something happening on the BT network. If you've logged a call with Draytek, I hope they get back to you soon - they were pretty good the last time I had cause to contact them.

Moderators: Sami