DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes

More
13 Aug 2014 17:19 #80962 by dhallam56
Replied by dhallam56 on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
Does the snr command still take affect with the new firmware? I'm currently on holidays till next we so cannot test until then.
Cheers all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2014 18:48 #80964 by lorian
well I haven't tried it but the command is still there.

More
29 Aug 2014 11:29 #81098 by tobythetenor
Replied by tobythetenor on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
No, SNR command is ineffective for both of the Modem ADSL codes.

More
29 Aug 2014 11:40 #81099 by dhallam56
Replied by dhallam56 on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes

tobythetenor wrote: No, SNR command is ineffective for both of the Modem ADSL codes.

Nice ill stick to the beta then :-) support did say they were passing this onto the software team.

More
31 Aug 2014 10:02 #81114 by bakewellbiker
Replied by bakewellbiker on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
2860Vn-plus running firmware 3.7.4.2

Having used various Drayteks without any problems for about 10 years (the original is still going strong at another location) I bought this 2860 in anticipation of the arrival of VDSL. This is my 11th Draytek and I have 3 more in 2 different countries in use today. The 2860 worked fine on ADSL2+ and for the first couple of months on VDSL but last week started rebooting without any obvious cause, sometimes 10 times a day. MT (BT's equivalent here) suggested disconnecting everything on the LAN except one pc. When this had no effect, they called at the house 2 days running and checked the connection back to the FTTC. On the second visit, they swopped the twisted pair back to the FTTC on the pole outside the house, all to no avail. They have also checked the pole - faceplate connection which is good. They have now ruled out any problems on their side. Then I found this thread after seeing another similar problem 2860 report on a local forum.

As per suggestions here, VDSL2 only has been selected and UPnP disabled both to no effect. It was noticed that the system clock reset itself to year 2000 following a self-reboot and syslog, previously set to all resets back to user and clears all information. Yesterday morning, the first thing I did was to check the dashboard. The 'system up' time was 10+ hours (overnight) however the first traffic (just opening a web page) caused a reboot. This was repeated this morning with exactly the same result except this time, before opening a web page, I read my mail without problems. As soon as the browser ran, the 2860 crashed.

On reboot which takes < 1 minute all might be well for hours (or it could crash again within minutes).

Given the number of users experiencing similar issues it seems most likely that Draytek need to sort this issue without delay or else many loyal customers like me might leave them forever.

More
31 Aug 2014 13:55 #81115 by babis3g

bakewellbiker wrote: 2860Vn-plus running firmware 3.7.4.2

Having used various Drayteks without any problems for about 10 years (the original is still going strong at another location) I bought this 2860 in anticipation of the arrival of VDSL. This is my 11th Draytek and I have 3 more in 2 different countries in use today. The 2860 worked fine on ADSL2+ and for the first couple of months on VDSL but last week started rebooting without any obvious cause, sometimes 10 times a day. MT (BT's equivalent here) suggested disconnecting everything on the LAN except one pc. When this had no effect, they called at the house 2 days running and checked the connection back to the FTTC. On the second visit, they swopped the twisted pair back to the FTTC on the pole outside the house, all to no avail. They have also checked the pole - faceplate connection which is good. They have now ruled out any problems on their side. Then I found this thread after seeing another similar problem 2860 report on a local forum.

As per suggestions here, VDSL2 only has been selected and UPnP disabled both to no effect. It was noticed that the system clock reset itself to year 2000 following a self-reboot and syslog, previously set to all resets back to user and clears all information. Yesterday morning, the first thing I did was to check the dashboard. The 'system up' time was 10+ hours (overnight) however the first traffic (just opening a web page) caused a reboot. This was repeated this morning with exactly the same result except this time, before opening a web page, I read my mail without problems. As soon as the browser ran, the 2860 crashed.

On reboot which takes < 1 minute all might be well for hours (or it could crash again within minutes).

Given the number of users experiencing similar issues it seems most likely that Draytek need to sort this issue without delay or else many loyal customers like me might leave them forever.

try the VECTOR firmware (3.7.4.2) from main draytek, it should not reboot ... you also need to use the rst file to delete previous firmware bugs

Moderators: Sami