DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes

More
31 Aug 2014 15:01 #81116 by admin

bakewellbiker wrote: Given the number of users experiencing similar issues....

3-4, it seems... :-) But regardless, the issue should of course be addressed.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2014 20:53 #81117 by bakewellbiker
Replied by bakewellbiker on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes

3-4, it seems... :-)

There are other forums where this issue has been 'discussed' :idea: Perhaps I should have said on here and other forums. Anyway 3.7.4.2 rst now installed so fingers crossed....

More
01 Sep 2014 08:16 #81119 by bakewellbiker
Replied by bakewellbiker on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
Installation of 3.7.4.2 rst has made no difference. It's rebooted twice this morning (3 hours) already. My confidence in Draytek has all but gone.

More
01 Sep 2014 09:03 #81121 by babis3g
did you use the vectror from the 3.7.4.2?

More
01 Sep 2014 16:13 #81123 by jashfield730
Replied by jashfield730 on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes

bakewellbiker wrote: Installation of 3.7.4.2 rst has made no difference. It's rebooted twice this morning (3 hours) already. My confidence in Draytek has all but gone.

My router used to reboot on 3.7.4.1 all the time so I reverted to a earlier firmware. However 3.7.4.2 is so much more stable, so maybe it is just you?

More
02 Oct 2014 15:55 #81321 by penkarien
Replied by penkarien on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Rebooting every couple of minutes
For what it's worth, we have this problem too. Firmware is 3.7.4.2, uPnP turned off, ADSL2+ connection only. Router reboots randomly roughly every half-hour to an hour.

What's odd is that we bought the v2860 to replace a v2820 that had started doing the same thing. Before installing the 2860 we tested it at another location without problems. After we replaced the 2820 we brought it back for testing and it was completely stable. All of that pointed to a location-specific issue like the power supply, so we plugged the v2860 into the local UPS system. That made no difference either.

We're pretty much at a loss, and we have 15 unhappy users. Is it DoS Defense (sic) responding to an attack by switching off? Is it a thermal problem? Is it faulty RAM, such that updating the firmware causes it to affect different things without actually fixing it?

Any useful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Moderators: Sami