DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal

More
22 Jul 2010 23:01 #62967 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
Further update.
Having ascertained that there is an active session and comms between my VSS and Vodafone, I got onto the VF helpdesk. They were very helpful and actually looked from their end to see what was happening. Apparently my VSS is not responding to their attempts to establish the VPN, hence no data is passing. If I look in the logs, I can see they attempt to establish a session every minute or so but clearly something is happening in the router that is preventing onward comms to the VSS. Since my VSS works fine on a BT router VF (reasonably) conclude that the issue is in the Draytek router. So back to Draytek support but no progress here. It's seems to be on me to further diagnose the issue and tell Draytek what is wrong with their router. I'd buy a 2920 but not sure if that will work either though. So folks, it seems that if you want to have a running VSS it's risky with a Draytek router.

Someone suggested Draytek speak direct to VF (surely the best way to fix this once and for all). VF are open to this idea. Any chance Draytek could get this sorted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2010 09:35 #62991 by s4vva
Replied by s4vva on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
I agree with the above post, looking at the logs I have exactly the same scenario. That is with a 2800 and a 2820. It seems others have this working with a 2820 so I guess at the moment it is luck of the draw.

More
02 Aug 2010 11:57 #63102 by s4vva
Has anyone made any progress on this? It looks like I am stuck in exactly the same position as wilsodg.

• kinkladze10
  • Topic Author
More
03 Aug 2010 15:18 #63123 by kinkladze10
Replied by kinkladze10 on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
I got mine sorted by posting on the Vodafone forum.
It was a problem their end and they manually had to sort it but it's been working fine since then.

More
04 Aug 2010 00:50 #63134 by s4vva
Hi that's interesting, would you mind running through any settings you changed on the Draytek? also a link to your post on the Vodafone site would be helpful so I can see what they did to resolve the problem...

Thanks

• kinkladze10
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2010 09:19 #63157 by kinkladze10
Replied by kinkladze10 on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
the post is here http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/55431-sure-signal-light-1-on-light-2-flashing/

If you post your problems they should pick it up or put a call into Vodafone.

Good Luck

Moderators: ChrisSami