DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal

More
06 Aug 2010 15:23 #63207 by s4vva
Replied by s4vva on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
hi I am using WAN1 (built in dsl modem) and I can't get it to work. Maybe I will try using a separate modem and use WAN2 on the 2820. Let me know how you get on please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2010 16:51 #63210 by s4vva
I just hooked up a Netgear DG843GT, tried UPnP, forwarded the ports etc and still no joy.

So it could be ISP related? I am using an Annex A connection, and the largest I can set my MTU to is 1492, setting it to 1500 (which the Draytek wont do on WAN1) just craps out my internet....

More
06 Aug 2010 17:28 #63211 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
just hooked mine up through a D-Link DSL320T, MTU 1492, and this time the VSS connected in less than 5 minutes. I Have UPnP enabled, and also all the port forwards (50,500,4500 and 123). I'm also annex A g.dmt and therefore even though the BT Hub secifies 1500, it can only be using 1492.

In both these instances my vigor WAN connection is ETHERNET (i.e. the modem is managing the WAN connection - this is different to the connection to a V100 (which is PPoE). What is the connection protocol between your netgear and your vigor?

I'll keep trying different alternatives.

• kinkladze10
  • Topic Author
More
06 Aug 2010 17:53 #63212 by kinkladze10
Replied by kinkladze10 on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
The problem isn't with the Draytek but is an issue with VF.

If you have 1 light on that is solid and 1 light continually flashing you need to advise VF.

This happened to around 28 people on the forum thread that I posted (I was one of them).

They realised they had a problem and they fixed it.
Something to do with manually mapping traffic through.

Since they sorted me out 4 weeks ago my VFSS has been working flawlessly.

More
06 Aug 2010 18:48 #63213 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Wacky
How this for wacky?
Dual Wan 2910 with dual V100's as modems. VSS load balanced to go through WAN2. VSS doesn't work. I unplugged modem 2 and inserted the D-Link modem. The VSS connected ok. I then wanted to check the configs of the D-Link, so unplugged it and plugged my pc in. The VSS STAYED UP!. The router switched it to WAN1 and all is fine. I then re-inserted the V100 modem and re-started line 2. I've tried the phone a few times, and it is connecting (phone light comes on). Nat sessions are through Line 1.

It seems the issue is in the PPPoE with initial connection of the VSS, but thereafter it works fine.

Kinkladze - our issues are not with light one on, and one light flashing - it is that we can't get past the power light flashing. VF have looked back from their end and the Vigor is not responding to their VPN session initiation requests. It might be timing, or ISP, but it's surely beyond end users to have to fix this stuff.

More
06 Aug 2010 20:05 #63214 by s4vva
wilsodg - I think you may have it there!

When I tried the Netgear I should have mentioned I had the SS directly connected to the Netgear. So maybe these things just don't like PPPoE?

When I am back in the office I will try and just use the Netgear as a modem and run it through WAN2 of the 2820.

When you used the D-Link how did you do it? Did you use it as a bridge, or no-nat and have it on the same range as WAN2 on the Draytek?

edit: Just checked and whenever I have had it working (at friends houses etc.) they have all been PPPoA connections.

Moderators: ChrisSami