DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal

More
05 Aug 2010 09:43 #63158 by paulrwselby
Replied by paulrwselby on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
My sure signal worked straight out of the box. It took about an hour for it finally set up the VF VPN.

I am assuming this device uses UPnP to set the router up. Mine was enabled which is not the default condition.

It is worth trying this, just tick the UPnP service boxes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2010 09:33 #63196 by s4vva
Replied by s4vva on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
just tried UPnP and no dice.

Any other suggestions?

More
06 Aug 2010 12:10 #63200 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
Have you tried turning off the Draytek VPN Server completely (All three services PPTP, IPSEC and L2TP) and then doing the Port Forwarding as requested?

I use our Draytek to Port Foward VPN traffic to our Win 2003 SBS Premium server. I'm sure we had issues where the Draytek was still trying to deal with the VPN connection even though the appropriate service was turned off and forwarded to the Server. Turning off ALL VPN services resolved the problem.

More
06 Aug 2010 13:16 #63201 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
I've tried that in the past, and just now too. I've turned everything off - VPN, firewall, and redirected all the proper ports to the VSS - no luck. It works fine with another router (non-Draytek) with no special settings (just rely on UPnP). But my other router is not Dual WAN, so I lose all the load balancing etc. if I run both. Meanwhile I continue to add other IP devices to my network with no issues.
I also setup a seperate IP address as a DMZ dedicated to the VSS (pretty much an open direct pipe to the internet). Still no luck.

If only Draytek/VF would pick up the phone and SPEAK to each other to sort this between them instead of expecting users to muddle through without proper documentation on how their products work. Given the fact that some users can get it working I am sure this has to be timing related or possibly message truncation.

More
06 Aug 2010 13:23 #63202 by s4vva
Replied by s4vva on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
I am in the same position as wilsodg, I have tried everything mentioned here too. I am considering getting a basic modem and using no-nat to the draytek and just sit the SS on a public IP (not behind the Draytek). Anyone tried that yet? Does the SS require NAT?

More
06 Aug 2010 15:07 #63206 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic What kind of Modem?
What kind of modem are people using?
I am using Vigor 100's.
I unlplugged the vigor modem and plugged in the BT hub, then plugged the 2910 into the BT HUB and set the 2910 Internet Access to Static or Dynamic IP. I set the MTU size at 1500 (same as BT Hub). After about 30 minutes, it's working. Not my preferred setup but at least I know where the issue is now.

I have a D-Link modem I'll try it with that too in a while.

So whether you got it to work or not, can those interested post back with Modem type and an indicator of whether it is working. I believe 2820 has one modem integrated, and one PPoE port, so an indicator of which WAN is being used would be useful too.

Moderators: ChrisSami