DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal

More
06 Aug 2010 20:30 #63215 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
I left the VSS plugged into the normal network (LAN side of the Vigor). I then simply plugged the Vigor WAN into the ethernet port of the [BT Hub or D-Link Modem] .. reconfigured the vigor WAN Internet access to be Ethernet, and configured the [BT Hub or D-Link Modem] to provide an Ethernet connection. The D-Link does not know about NAT (it passes the WAN IP to the Vigor) - but it manages the PPPoA connection (password etc. have to be put in there). The BT Hub is just a router and I didn't change anything (no doubt its firewall etc. would have caught me out on some connections, but it was good enough to prove the point). The VSS is working fine now, but as soon as I have to reboot either the router or VSS then I'll lose it again. I have multiple WAN IP addresses so need a PPPoE device that passes all this through to the vigor so I can't live with either the D-Link or the BT hub as a permanent fix.

It's nice to have 5 bars of 3G on the phone for now. I'll call VF and Draytek on Monday. Would still be interested to know what modem setup others are using.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2010 10:18 #63234 by cifer
Replied by cifer on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
We have a few VSS working with 2820's now and the only settings we have to make sure of is that the DNS assigned to the VSS is that of the router and to fix the IP by MAC address with SBS 2008/2003 sites.

More
09 Aug 2010 10:58 #63235 by s4vva
Replied by s4vva on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
Hi, are the 2820's configured with PPPoE or PPPoA?

More
09 Aug 2010 11:06 #63236 by s4vva

wilsodg wrote: The D-Link does not know about NAT (it passes the WAN IP to the Vigor) - but it manages the PPPoA connection

Hi does that mean you have two connections? As earlier you mentioned you have a PPPoE connection?[/b]

More
09 Aug 2010 11:19 #63237 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Vigor 2800 VG & Vodafone Sure Signal
I am running dual WAN - so yes, I do have two connections.
But the 2910 is different to the 2820 in that it has no integrated modem, so you have to use external devices to manage the connection to the ISP, and this can either be with a straight ethernet connection, or a PPPoE connection. (from memory, the 2820 has integrated modem on WAN1 and uses an external connect for WAN2)

Try configuring your 2820 WAN2 port for ethernet, and plugging WAN2 straight into another (non Draytek) router. Have the VSS on your 2820 assigned to WAN2. I'll bet it works.

More
09 Aug 2010 12:01 #63238 by s4vva
OK so here is what I just tried;

Netgear DG834GT, configured PPPoE, diasabled NAT, plugged into WAN2 on 2820, draytek configured for public IP on same range as Netgear. Internet access OK, SS same problem.

:(

Moderators: ChrisSami