DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750 and BT Infinity

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
05 Dec 2011 07:25 #70330 by mike turner
Replied by mike turner on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
No - I'm afraid that I don't have an answer, yet. It is still with Draytek.

I wonder what we have in common. I am on a cabinet that has only just been converted to FTTC, on EAKSG exchange.

Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2011 15:30 #70345 by hlm1
Replied by hlm1 on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Hi Mike

Thats a bit technical for me, mine is at my home but it is business infinity because I have a fixed IP address, however, I am slowly getting there

First of all I could not get a connection then I read about putting the 101 in the wan vlan section and now it connects and says it connected

but I don't get any internet.

In the system log I get the same as you

Regards

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
05 Dec 2011 16:12 #70347 by mike turner
I think, then, that our problems are different. My router is not even saying that it is connected.

However, if you have a fixed IP address, then I think that you have to configure the router for Static IP instead of PPPoE.

Good luck.

More
05 Dec 2011 22:16 #70356 by toekneem
Replied by toekneem on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity

hlm1 wrote: Hi Mike

Thats a bit technical for me, mine is at my home but it is business infinity because I have a fixed IP address, however, I am slowly getting there

First of all I could not get a connection then I read about putting the 101 in the wan vlan section and now it connects and says it connected

but I don't get any internet.

In the system log I get the same as you

Regards

Have you tried the BT Business forums, I am sure that there are 2750 users and as its BT business they would be using static IP's

Have a look here: http://business.forums.bt.com/

ps: EAKSG was just an abbreviation for his local exchange.

More
16 Dec 2011 20:09 #70496 by stuartevansuk
Replied by stuartevansuk on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Hi Mike,
I'm getting the exact same issue as you, same information in the Syslogs and my cabinet has been recently commissioned, the lads at BT Forum have been trying to help here;

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Draytek-Vigor-2750n-Connection-Issues/td-p/355021

But with no avail, if you get a solution from Draytek can you give me a shout, update this post!
Thanks

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
18 Dec 2011 15:45 #70503 by mike turner
Hello Stuart.

As you most probably saw on the BT forum, I have just sent the router back to Draytek for them to investigate.

However, as our problems seem very similar, it may well help the Draytek support people if you also raised a fault with them. It may well help them to see if there are any similarities between our set ups.

You say that you are on a recently commissioned cabinet, as am I. I think that it is unlikely that it is a cabinet problem, but it is always possible. I am on the Kesgrave exchange, in Suffolk. You aren't on the same one, by any chance, are you?

Mike.

Moderators: Sami