DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750 and BT Infinity

More
24 Jan 2012 23:31 #70914 by wilhadden
Replied by wilhadden on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Got it, sorry that took so long the router would not reboot itself and I was reticent to just switch it off!

Had to in the end but it all worked out. I see the bit swap you talked about, no idea what it does but it seems a little more spritely at connecting VDSL.

Thanks for posting it.

/edit I see that the Online Status page now has a Server Information label. Mine says Broadcom v10.03.55 out of interest what is yours?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2012 10:21 #70917 by cgoodier
Replied by cgoodier on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Yes I saw the label, said something similar to yours although I believe they are the same guts as the BT O/R modem.

That's what is so dissapointing. The features on the 2750 are far superior but can't get anywhere need the speed I'm getting on the Huawei to use those features.

I've got my Billion 7800N bridging the O/R modem and it's fairly solid, but dissapointed I can't get an all in one solution and utilise 5.8 GHz WLAN unless I cripple the 2750 to an access point as a third piece of kit - not what I bought it for! :x

More
25 Jan 2012 11:31 #70919 by wilhadden
Replied by wilhadden on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Ah, I had guessed that the Server Information part was from the BT side, i.e. what you connect to in the cabinet, it would have been interesting to note any differences.

If you use the 2750 as an access point and the O/R modem do you still have the speed issues?

More
26 Jan 2012 10:20 #70930 by cgoodier
Replied by cgoodier on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
By way of an update, I was told to downgrade to 1.4.1. Didn't get sync at all on that one.

Told to reload the Beta and send screenshots.

More
07 Feb 2012 09:48 #71106 by kriswragg
Replied by kriswragg on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
My connection is very stable, but the upload speed is slower than it is with the openreach modem. I have been in touch with customer support but so far no solution, tried a 1.5.2 beta and a technical person was supposed to be connecting to my modem to look at it, but so far nothing. Have contacted them again today to see how close they are to a solution.

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
09 Feb 2012 12:32 #71119 by mike turner
Replied by mike turner on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Things are happening!

I've just spent all morning with Draytek in Taiwan, and their modem vendors, debugging my 2750n, via my neighbour's wireless connection (with his permission). They have gone away to have a think about, and a good night's sleep.

I'll let you know when I hear any more.

Mike.

Moderators: Sami