DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750 and BT Infinity

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
28 Dec 2011 11:21 #70589 by mike turner
Replied by mike turner on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
This is just to let people know that this problem is not, yet, resolved.

My router has been returned to me, without any information to say if Draytek found any problems with it.

It still doesn't work.

I have informed the RMA department of this.

I will let you know if this is ever sorted out.

Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jan 2012 10:01 #70630 by mike turner
Is there anybody out there who understands VDSL?

I am still not getting very far with Draytek support. I have only just managed, after over a month, to persuade them that it can't be a PPPoE configuration problem, because I can't even get VDSL up. At one point, they even suggested that I change the Ethernet cable between the PC and the router!

My question is about the VDSL G.hs Carrier Set settings.

I had this set to Auto, and my symptoms were:- On the Online Status page, the VDSL box was in red, the Profile was 17a, and the state was looping between Idle, Handshake and Training.

If I change the G.hs Carrier Set from Auto to V43, the profile becomes None, and the state stays at Idle. It is the same if I select B43. However, if I select A43, then I get back to a Profile of 17a, and the state looping between Idle, Handshake and Training. This implies to me that the Auto setting is using A43.

However, I thought that A43 was for ADSL/2/2+ Annex A or M, B43 was for ADSL/2/2+ Annex B, and V43 was for VDSL.

I would, therefore, expect to be using V43. On the other hand, if that was the case, there would be no point in being able to set A43 or B43 on a VDSL modem.

I'm confused. Can anyone explain this to me, please?

Or indicate where else I should look?

Thank you.

Mike.

More
02 Jan 2012 22:26 #70634 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Hi Mike, I am yet to be in a VDSL serviced area, so have no expertise, however, regarding A43 B43 V43 for G.hs some background reading suggest they are a Stop Bit Position, and all in the VDSL specification.

see: http://www.scribd.com/doc/52140439/175/VDSL-Settings page 324.

Further; "Note that all xDSL systems including VDSL systems may make concurrent use of Carrier Sets A4, A43,
B43, and C43 as described section 6.1 of G.994.1." taken from http://www.kiwin.com/xdsl/CF-068.pdf

Best regards,

Neal

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jan 2012 08:52 #70636 by mike turner
Thank you, Neal.

On further reading, I have discovered that BT do, in fact, use A43.

My reading has also shown me that I have very little chance of solving this problem myself, so I will have to rely on Draytek support.

Best wishes,

Mike.

More
05 Jan 2012 11:24 #70672 by xknackeredx
Replied by xknackeredx on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Morning Gents,

I've just purchased a 2750n and it connects fine, however when I receive a phone call and it hangs up the router drops the VDSL connection and resyncs. The BT kit (OR modem and HH2) do not show this problem.

I have a call in with support and we've tried various solutions inc a new beta firmware, but nothing resolved.

Have any of you had similar problems or could this just be a slightly duff unit.

Cheers

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2012 11:33 #70674 by mike turner
Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to get as far as you have, and get it connected in the first place.

But the best of luck with your problem.

Mike.

Moderators: Sami