DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750 and BT Infinity

More
09 Feb 2012 22:26 #71129 by kriswragg
Replied by kriswragg on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Thats good news, I heard back from the UK support person and pointed him towards this topic and the others related to the 2750n. He said they are still investigating it...

Are the UK people talking to the people in Taiwan??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2012 08:26 #71130 by bilbo57
Replied by bilbo57 on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Mike,

Thanks for your perseverance on this. I bought a 2750 a few weeks ago and am having connection issues too. I have been told it may be the software at the cabinet that is causing the issue. I started off with a BT Business hub with 36m down and 8.6m up. The engineer told me that I was about no 21 on BT Infinity on this particular cabinet but the take up was very quick in my area.

Three weeks later it dropped to 5m down 8.5m up. The engineer changed the business hub - same speeds. He then put in a home hub - immediately back to 36m up.

He felt that something had changed at the cabinet as the line is rated at 38.5m down and has remained that way. I was told that the software is configurable at the cabinet and that it can be done remotely. He also said they often had to use a home hub instead of a buainess one!!

I suspect BT know exactly what is wrong but can't/won't fix it. If the 2750 (and BT Business Hub) works in some areas and not others it shouldn't be rocket science to look at the Infinity harware/software configurations in the cabinets/exchange and spot the differences.

Anyway, hopefully the Draytek folks will work out how to deal with the BT issues.

Cheers,

Bill

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2012 09:17 #71132 by mike turner
Replied by mike turner on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
I've just learnt something relevant to this problem.

I understand that a lot of 2750s have a Broadcom chipset, for the VDSL. I don't. Mine is a Metanoia Merlin! That could explain why some people have working 2750s on BT Infinity, and some do not. I suspect that the newer 2750s use the Metanoia chipset. I expect that Draytek had a good reason for changing from the Broadcom.

Have a look at the Australian Draytek website, to see what chipsets are in each router - http://support.draytek.net.au/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/310/15/what-chipsets-are-used-in-vigor-routers .

If you have one of the Beta firmwares, it shows what chipset you have, on the Online Status page, under VDSL Information. It calls it Server.

We have another debugging session booked for Monday morning. I'll keep you informed of any progress.

Mike.

More
13 Feb 2012 18:01 #71199 by kriswragg
Replied by kriswragg on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Mine says: Broadcom v10.03.55

I thought this was the type of hardware in the BT fibre cabinet?

More
15 Feb 2012 23:11 #71238 by mana
Replied by mana on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity

kriswragg wrote: My connection is very stable, but the upload speed is slower than it is with the openreach modem. I have been in touch with customer support but so far no solution, tried a 1.5.2 beta and a technical person was supposed to be connecting to my modem to look at it, but so far nothing. Have contacted them again today to see how close they are to a solution.

yea i have noticed this as well, my upload speed is lower than the open reach modem. does anyone have any settings or tweaks that can get the performance of the upload back to openreach levels.

Thanks in advance.

More
16 Feb 2012 08:31 #71240 by jack2012
Replied by jack2012 on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Another "Me Too" post - below a copy of what ive already posted on BT forum yesterday:
(with a few added bits)

Just a note to say I received my 2750n from BB this morning and have spent the day effin' and blinding as im having the exact same problem - will not connect and vdsl staus stays in continuous loop between idle-handshake-training. Am on profile 17a. Also, my cabinet is a recently commissioned one, engineer said i was one of the first in the area to take it up.

One thing i have noticed that does not seem to be mentioned here is that the router will not keep GMT time.

Despite forcing it to GMT, when you go to the status page, it remains 1st Jan 1970 CST. So whatever is happening it's clearly not talking to the time servers.

Ill be keeping an eye on this forum but just want to send it back to BB now, wasted enough time.

(I also have no problems with Openreach and HH3 setup)

Will log issue with draytek today

Moderators: Sami