DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750 and BT Infinity

More
22 Feb 2012 16:37 #71330 by embraer
Replied by embraer on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Just interested to know is there's been any further resolution to peoples' problems with the 2750, it's putting me off purchasing one if I'm simply going to have to return it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2012 17:59 #71332 by mike turner
Replied by mike turner on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity

Embraer wrote: Just interested to know is there's been any further resolution to peoples' problems with the 2750, it's putting me off purchasing one if I'm simply going to have to return it

Draytek's modem supplier are due to do some more testing, using my set up, tomorrow morning, so things are still moving forward.

Mike.

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
23 Feb 2012 15:56 #71354 by mike turner
There is progress with the new Draytek 2750 with the Metanoia chip on Infinity.

The clever modem men in Taiwan managed to get my VDSL2 link up, using their debug tools. That means that they know what the problem is. At the moment, I will loose their modifications if the router reboots, but I am hoping for some new firmware next week.

I'll report any further progress.

Mike.

More
25 Feb 2012 18:57 #71370 by pettaw
Replied by pettaw on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Hello all, I have been too-ing and fro-ing with Draytek UK support, who have sent me several Betas to test. The problem, it will connect and sync fine, but at 39985 rather than 39999 D/L with the associated drop in IP profile on the BT speedtester site, and 9999 U/L which seems fine, but with real world upload speeds of about 3Mbps less than the Huawei original BT Openreach modem. Of course because of the slightly lower D/L sync speed it also shows a very slight drop in download speeds too.

The latest beta firmware I got did show that they have fixed the uploading bug in the BT speedtester, but that its not reflected in real world testing. When I told this to UK support they simply said they can do nothing more for me. They haven't managed to do anything with the download side of things at all.

Extremely disappointing.

More
16 Mar 2012 20:54 #71602 by dbryder
Replied by dbryder on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
So, I sent my 2750n back to Draytek on Monday and got it back today.

the note said: unable to reproduce fault, but also said parts replaced - although it looks no different to me.

I still have exactly the same issue (which I don't get on the Standard BT Modem and HH3)

I have emailed back requested a refund and for Draytek to pay the cost of sending the router back _again_

I don't feel like they did anything, I'm just out of pocket after sending it to them, with zero to show for it.

Pretty disappointed tbh.

David

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
19 Mar 2012 18:05 #71612 by mike turner
I've just noticed that the Beta firmware that I am using is now available on Draytek's UK website. See http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads.html

Mike.

Moderators: Sami