DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750 and BT Infinity

More
14 Jan 2012 13:52 #70761 by wilhadden
Replied by wilhadden on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Hi,

Just a me too post, I am experiencing the same problem as Mike, I have once seen my VDSL profile of 17a but mostly the VDSL is not connecting and nothing else works. I have raised this with support but there's but no response at all, though in fairness it was late last night.

Out of interest, I noticed that the HH2b I have connected over PPPoA not PPPoE. Is it correct that this should not make a difference with VDSL?

Wil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2012 17:24 #70769 by wilhadden
Mike,

This probably won't help but after 24 hours of twiddling I've got my 2750 working. The problem was with the VDSL layer, not the PPPoe. I tried one of the things you talked about earlier, namely under VDSL setup I changed the handshaking options to

VDSL2 Profile only check 17a
G.hs Carrier Set A43

and this seems to be working for now.

/edit It stills seems ropey and I've had to change the Carrier, but I'm still operational, for now.

Final bit of clarification for now, it seems that I when I reboot the router VSDL link is not re-established, but if I go to the VSDL Setup page and click the OK button and then watch the connection status a few times then eventually the connection returns.

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2012 11:21 #70777 by mike turner
Replied by mike turner on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
Thank you, Wil.

Your problem sounds similar to mine, though not exactly the same. As long as I have G.hs Carrier Set set to Auto or A43, and I have, at least, the 17a profile set, then I always get 17a shown in the VDSL Information box.

However, I did try your suggestion, but with no success, unfortunately. Thank you for your input, though.

This problem has been with Draytek support for getting on for two months, now, but I see no sign of a solution, yet. Despite the occasional reminder from me, I have heard nothing from them this year.

If anyone else is having this problem, and is waiting to hear that I have got it solved, then I would urge them to raise it with Draytek. The more people who report it, the more information they will have, and the more chance they will have to solve it.

To re-iterate, my symptoms are as follows:-

The BT modem/router combination work fine.
On the 2750 Online Status screen, the VDSL information box is red, rather than green.
The VDSL Profile shows as 17a (or 8c).
The VDSL state loops between Idle, Handshaking and Training.

Thank you,

Mike.

More
15 Jan 2012 19:33 #70783 by wilhadden
Sorry to hear it did not help. The only thing I would say is that I seem to need to push the ok button a number of times before anything happens. I also only have 17a and auto set.
I have raised this with Draytek support anyway as it is less than ideal if there is a power cycle.

/edit I should also say I'm on the current beta firmware, though I doubt this make a difference.

• mike turner
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jan 2012 08:59 #70883 by mike turner
Replied by mike turner on topic Re: 2750 and BT Infinity
I think that I am getting somewhere.

Draytek support in Taiwan are now looking in to this, and they fill me with a lot more faith than the people in this country.

As it is now the Chinese New Year break, I am not likely to hear anything until next week, but I can put up with that.

I'll post any more news when I have some.

Mike.

More
23 Jan 2012 09:53 #70884 by wilhadden
Excellent news, keep us informed.

Did you have to go through UK support to reach Taiwan support?

Moderators: Sami